Posts for: October, 2015
Find out how you can turn back the hands of time with cosmetic dermatology.
There are a variety of different ways to combat your wrinkles. The treatment that will work best for you will depend on the type and severity of your wrinkles, and can range from topical creams to more aggressive procedures. The most common treatments that your Northeast Philadelphia dermatologist Dr. Deirdre Wood prescribes include:
- Topical creams: Creams that contain Vitamins A, C and E, as well as beta-carotene can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and even provide some protection from the sun (which can help prevent future wrinkles).
- Moisturizers: We can also recommend specific moisturizers that are designed to temporarily reduce the look of wrinkles, folds and lines on the face, neck and body.
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA): These acids can be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, acne and skin dryness. These acids can be used on just about any skin type to offer brighter, smoother skin. AHA works by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, which are less plentiful as we age. AHA works by improving the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
If you are looking for more significant results then your Philadelphia, PA dermatologist also offers these popular cosmetic procedures to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles:
- Dermabrasion: A dermal tool with a rough tip is rotated over the skin to remove the outermost layers, helping to smooth out wrinkles.
- Botox and dermal fillers: These thin needles inject special chemicals into the skin to improve volume and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and folds in the face and neck.
- Laser skin resurfacing: By directing short pulses of light at the skin, your Philadelphia skin doctor can reduce wrinkles and other imperfections like superficial scars and blemishes.
- Chemical peels: We will apply a special chemical over the surface of the skin to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells while also stimulating the production of collagen. This is a great way to reduce wrinkles, scars, hyperpigmentation and brown spots.
- Plastic surgery: For patients looking to get dramatic and significant results, more aggressive options such as facelifts or eyebrow lifts may be the better option.
Boulevard Dermatology is here to give you more radiant skin. Call your Philadelphia dermatologist today to schedule your next consultation or treatment.