Cosmetic Procedures to Reduce the Appearance of Wrinkles
5 Cosmetic Procedures That Will Banish Wrinkles
As people age, the natural production of elastin and collagen diminishes, which leads to wrinkles on the skin. Wrinkles are also caused by tobacco use, poor hydration, sun damage, and other factors. Led by Dr. Deirdre Wood and Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, Boulevard Dermatology (located in Philadelphia, PA) offers state-of-the-art skin procedures for the patients they serve. Read on to learn about 5 cosmetic procedures that will banish your wrinkles for good.
1. Chemical peels. If you want to improve your appearance without surgery, chemical peels could be the secret to getting that youthful look. There are a variety of chemical peels available in different strengths. Glycolic acid, lactic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, or carbonic acids are used, sometimes in varying combinations. Chemical peels improve appearance by using a chemical solution to remove the upper layer of skin. The new replacement skin is less wrinkled in appearance.
2. Microneedling. Microneedling is a treatment that involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny needles. It's also called collagen induction therapy (CIT) and skin needling. Microneedling is used to treat and improve conditions like acne scarring, wrinkles, loose skin, skin texture, brown spots, pore size, pigment issues, and stretch marks. Microneedling stimulates the growth of elastin and collagen, which is the key to new, youthful-looking skin.
3. Microderm. Microdermabrasion, also called Microderm, is an effective means of removing fine lines and wrinkles while giving your face a refreshed, vital look. Microderm uses diamond tips or crystals to exfoliate and remove the superficial layer of dead skin cells. It stimulates the production of collagen, which smoothes out wrinkles. The procedure is painless and non-invasive.
4. BOTOX. BOTOX can improve your appearance and make you look years younger. BOTOX is a medication that is injected into the muscles to improve the appearance of wrinkles, crow's feet, and facial creases. It also removes lines on the forehead, around the mouth, and between the eyebrows. BOTOX injections work by blocking nerves and weakening or paralyzing certain muscles in the body. BOTOX is a minimally invasive treatment that delivers dramatic results.
5. Dermal fillers. Dermal fillers, like Juvederm, Sculptra, and Restylane eliminate wrinkles and fine lines by injecting hyaluronic acid into the face, adding structure and plumpness to the skin. Dermal fillers reduce the appearance of wrinkles by replacing lost collagen due to skin damage or aging. Most fillers will fill hollows, fine lines, and wrinkles in less than 30 minutes, with results that can last from four months to one year.
Kiss those wrinkles goodbye! Call Boulevard Dermatology at 267-731-1333 today to schedule a consultation in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Deidre Wood and Dr. Jennifer LaRusso are available by appointment. Our wrinkle treatments have helped thousands of people enhance their appearance, boosting their confidence and improving their lives. And they will do the same for you. We want you to live your best life!